SQL Server 2008
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Overview
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 is a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help people derive the most value from information at the lowest total-cost-of-ownership. Enjoy high levels of performance, availability, and security; employ more productive management and development tools; and deliver pervasive insight with self-service business intelligence (BI).
- Complete information platform for applications of all sizes.
- Managed, familiar self-service BI tools.
- Support for large-scale data centers and data warehouses.
- Opportunities to build and extend applications in the cloud.
- Integration with the Microsoft Application Platform.
Derive more value from information: SQL Server 2008 R2 introduces a range of new capabilities to help businesses of all sizes derive more value from information. Built on improvements in previous versions, SQL Server 2008 R2 adds even greater capabilities in development, manageability, BI, and data warehousing.
Take advantage of two new editions for large-scale data centers and data warehouses: SQL Server 2008 R2 Datacenter and SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse. These premium editions feature enterprise-scale enhancements, like greater support for the most demanding workloads and more efficient management of applications and servers in the data center.
Address business challenges with enhancements to core editions: SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard and SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. New improvements include support for high-scale complex event processing and managed self-service BI through PowerPivot for Excel and PowerPivot for SharePoint.
Why upgrade to R2:
Get the most powerful SQL Server ever: Get the most powerful SQL Server version ever: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. New Datacenter and Parallel Data Warehouse editions provide premium, low-cost performance and scalability. In addition, Master Data Services, StreamInsight complex event processing, self-service BI, and database engine enhancements improve user value across the enterprise.
Upgrade to the most powerful SQL Server version ever and enjoy robust, enterprise-ready capabilities at a low total-cost-of-ownership. SQL Server 2008 R2 offers customers using older versions a number of valuable improvements, including:
● New Datacenter and Parallel Data Warehouse editions.
● Improved scalability, availability, manageability, and programmability.
● Managed self-service BI through PowerPivot for Excel and PowerPivot for SharePoint.
● Master Data Services to manage critical assets across systems.
● StreamInsight for efficient, high-scale complex event processing.